RE: [LUG] Scanners/Linux

> I am planning to install Linux - probably Mandrake 9.1, and I
> am about to
> purchase a new scanner.  Can anyone tell me if there are
> available, or
> where I might find, drivers to use any of the following with Linux:
> Canon  3000F;
> HP Scanjet 3970;
> HP Scanjet 3570.

Well the Mandrake hardware listing at
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/hardware.php3 doesn't explicitly mention any
of these models, though that's not to say you won't be able to get them to
work. Are they fairly recent? It might be worth rooting about in the listing
to see if you can find some well-supported not-quite-so-recent models which
you may then be able to pick up at a bargain price.

HTH

Matt