Re: [LUG] Cornwall Meet - Tues Sept 3rd

On Saturday 30 Aug 2003 2:12 pm, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to organise a social/technical meet at the Wig & Pen, Truro on
> Tuesday the 3rd september.

Excellent. But my diary says that Tuesday is the 2nd - the 3rd is Wednesday?!
Sunday 31st, Monday 1st, Tuesday 2nd.

> The pub should be relatively quiet on a tuesday, and is easy to reach from
> both the bus and train station, its also pretty easy to find, and stocks
> real ales for those among us who wear sandals and beards ;). I will ring
> the landlord and check he doesn't object to a bunch of geeks drinking beer
> and burning CD's - with any luck we could borrow a couple of power points.

Would you mind putting it on the Forthcoming Events page, Aaron? I know it's
short notice but that shouldn't matter. It's good for the website to reflect
the complete list of meetings rather than just the 'big' or 'themed' ones -
it gives prospective new members a better idea of how often they are likely
to meet other members.

> The plan would be to meet up about 7 to 7:30, drink beer, swap free
> software and discuss free software in cornwall - particularly getting OSS
> into the libraries and schools.

I've got ONE seat (and 1 only) available from Plymouth as long as there's not
too much equipment to bring along.

> Show of hands?

$hands++;

> Anyone got blank CD's or CD Burners to chip in?

I can bring a stack of CD-R's but my laptop can't burn CD's. The only problem
I'll have is the time - getting to Truro from Plymouth isn't going to be
quick.

Mike (C) - are you able to attend? It'd be a great chance to verify your new
key and get it signed again.

I'll bring a (working) 8 port switch and some Cat5, in case it's useful.

--

Neil Williams