Re: [LUG] PHP Scripts Continued

On Wednesday 27 Aug 2003 8:56 pm, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
> I did what you suggested (I copied test.php3 to /var/www/html) and it
> found the file but wouldn't read it. I tried typing RPM -e PHP in a

Try renaming it .php instead of .php3

Also stick a normal HTML file there too, just to make sure that it is the
correct directory.

The rpm that you'll be using is probably mod_php
apache2-mod_php-2.0.44_4.3.1-2mdk
php-xml-4.3.0-2mdk
libphp_common430-430-11mdk
mod_php-4.3.1-1mdk
php-mysql-4.3.0-2mdk

The quickest way to find these is to use a NON-destructive rpm command, with
grep.

rpm -qa | grep php

> console and it came back with the message failed dependencies. Does this
> mean PHP is not properly installed or have I asked it the wrong
> question?

Wrong question. Besides, you don't see if something is installed correctly by
trying to delete it!

> > http://localhost/phptest/test.php

As Neil said, test.php

The best way to test a PHP installation is described here:
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/php/about.php

--

Neil Williams