Re: [LUG] MSBLAST VIRUS (OT)

On Friday 22 Aug 2003 2:47 pm, luke@xxxxxx wrote:
> >> chop his HD in half
> >
> > Not litterary I hope!
>
> Im sure its happened before. I wanted to throw a server off jenny cliff
> once and watch it crash against the rocks and get washed out to sea. Mind
> you i was somewhat unstable after a heavy system crash.

Nah, very few crashed systems are completely beyond re-use with Linux - OK
maybe some might need some low level HD work or even a new HD, but if it's a
case of one crash too many, you should blame the OS before the hardware.
Sling in a Knoppix CD and see the machine come back to life.

--

Neil Williams