Re: [LUG] MSBLAST VIRUS (OT)

> Hi
>
> I have just cleared the MS blast virus from  a friends XP computer,  part
> of
> the procecure was to change the RPC failure settings from restart computer
> restart service,
>
> the info I have says to put the settings back when finished,  i assume
> that
> the virus has set it to restart computer so what should i reset it back
> to,
> restart computer on failure?
>
> thanks for any help
>
> this message was sent via kmail, for some reason the fonts are very small
> so i
> aplogise if it's hard to read i am trying to fix it.

Hi Paul,

run/services.msc/rpc/properties/recovery tab

Change the settings of "First failure", "Second Failure" and "Subsequent
Failures" to "Take No Action". Then press "OK".

Make sure you patch the rpc dcom flaw.

Get him to use kerios personal firewall (best one of the best for windows
clients).

Tell him about the wonders of linux. Stick partition magic in his drive,
chop his HD in half and give him a dual booter until the MS mindset
dissolves.

Luke ;¬)