Re: [LUG] Networking hell

On Wednesday 20 Aug 2003 10:32 pm, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Hub or switch?

Switch

> Duplex/half duplex/auto settings

Auto - supposed to be full duplex.

> Decaying card

Possible. I'll be changing the card anyway because it's only showing 10MBit,
not the 100MBit that the laptop shows on the same connection (and with same
Cat5).

>    "           wire

Another possibility. The hub seemed to have jammed when I removed the Cat5 -
it didn't release the cable cleanly. But when I managed to find another Cat5
long enough to make the same connection, I still had problems.

I'll have more time to test over the bank holiday - I can test with the laptop
and with a new eth0 card.

Thanks for the ideas.

--

Neil Williams