Re: [LUG] Lovesan

Simon Waters wrote:

Gemma Peter wrote:

Found an interesting article on the New Scientist website about a
friendly worm.

Friendly is the wrong phrase....

Misguided fits better. This worm was causing all sorts of mischief,
probably due to it overloading routers.

It is almost impossible to predict the effects of releasing this kind of
software into the wild, and therefore very irresponsible, hopefully the
police services will track down and prosecute the authors of both worms.

I take a similar view to farming genetically modified organisms, for
similar reasons.

I didn't mean to use friendly (it sounded sarcastic in my head). I guess it was just refreshing to see a worm doing something almost useful, rather than the usual "kill, crush, destroy" or the plain annoying type.