Re: [LUG] Linux in Afghanistan

Good points here, But Linux is being used in africa to educate about AIDS,
etc, perhaps perhaps this technolgy will help bring together familes
separated by war,  or educatate people in afghanistan about common
illnesses, such as those effected by poor sanitation.  I think it's about
the people who introduce the technolgy to ensure people are educated about
correct usage.  Regardless of if it's OSS based or M$ based.

Another good use for OSS,  it's how technology is used, thats important.

On this basis in what way can we help,  e.g between the lug we must have a
large collection of old Linux cdroms, I have got RHL 5.2 somewhere, ideal
for older hardware, the UN would do well to find a way for the west to
donate hardware, and software to them.

Lets hope this project works out.

Paul

---