[LUG] Strange FTP behaviour

If I delete ALL the files from the local copy and then retrieve all files from
the server, why do I then get DIFFERENT file sizes????

ASCII HTML files, ASCII Passive mode transfers.
GFTP has a menu option to clear cache, used that. No odds.

Even more strange, before I deleted all files, I transferred a single file
from remote to local and saw the file size change. I then transferred that
file BACK from local to remote and the file size REVERTED BACK to the
original values!!!??!?!??!

e.g. index.html is 263bytes on remote and 274bytes on local.
remote -> local
local -> remote
No difference in EITHER file size.

I want to be able to use the Compare Windows function to know which files need
updating - the whole function is trashed now.

Every single file is now different, remote appears to always be SMALLER than
local.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.biglumber.com/x/web?sn=Neil+Williams