Re: [LUG] Wyse60 Emulation

On Friday 01 Aug 2003 9:50 am, Simon Waters wrote:

> For connecting to /dev/ttyS0...
>
> Did you try Kermit? ( Is TERM environment variable set correctly? )

Kermit does not seem to be installed. I downloaded the rpm but that failed
with some dependancies that I could not follow.

> For Minicom as non-root user.....
>
> $ ll -d /var/lock
> drwxrwxrwx    5 root     uucp         4096 Aug  1 04:02 /var/lock
>
> For Wy60 compile problems....
>
> As regards compiling wy60, try not to ;)
>
> Failing that I think that the curses header files define tputs, so if it
> is not found perhaps you need some extra {n}curses development packages
> installed.
>
> What distro are you using? If I get bored I'll have a go at trying it
> myself, although I need to get LDIF to Nokia 6310 far more than I need
> Wyse 60 emulation....
>
>  Simon

I'm using Mandrake 9.0 download edition (from LXFormat coverdisks). I have
tried to install any more curses/ncurses software but the installer did not
find any more to install from the set sources (distro CD's).

Sigh - wish I had the time to get to grips with the 'nuts & bolts' of the
system a bit more.

Thanks for the help though.

Regards,

Mark
--
For information on Newquay, Cornwall, and the surrounding area:
http://www.Newquay-Plus.co.uk