Re: [LUG] Sony Viao Laptop & Linux

trewornan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ...No major problems and I've installed redhat 7.2 7.3
> 8.0 and mandrake 9.0 (at various times) and I've also
> used Knoppix on it - but they don't like debian
> because of the i815 graphics card chip set...

That's ok, I don't like Debian either (sorry Debian fans), still never managed to get X working under Debian. I'll be putting Mandrake on it (probably 9.2 when it comes out), Mandrake seem to be able to pick up pretty much everything now, hardware wise (probably install the modem drivers for me).

--
Andy