Re: [LUG] Error message (OT) hardware related

On Friday 25 July 2003 18:27, paul wrote:
> I am aware this is a Linux user group,  but trying to run Warcraft 3 under
> windows it plays the intro then the game exits,  I get the error in the
> attached text file.
>
> It points to problems with memory,  (which is a hardware problem),

No it doesn't.  What it's telling you is that a program instruction has picked
up a bad pointer and tried to access virtual memory outside the address space
of the task.  You don't mention which version of Win32 you're running, and
whichever one it is, the file DBGHLP.DLL appears not to be in your path.
Fixing that would give you a much better idea of what's going wrong.

jd

--
John Daragon           argv[0] limited               john@xxxxxxxxxx
Lambs Lawn Cottage, Staple Fitzpaine, Taunton TA3 5SL, UK