Re: [LUG] Spam. What Spam?

On Friday 04 Jul 2003 9:01 am, Steve Crook wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:15:58PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
>
> > SpamAssassin traps between 50-180 every day on my older accounts (those
> > that haven't given up under the weight.) I keep an old account now as a
> > spamtrap.
>
> How did you go about telling SpamAssassin that these addresses were only
> spam?  I've been trying to figure out how to blacklist a To address and
> in the end I gave up and did it through Procmail instead.

In a KMail filter. When downloading POP3 email from this account, I check the
headers for the email account name of the spamtrap or a particular header
like the ISP ID's: mail.uk.tiscali.co - anything that is unique to the old
account. Then I installed Razor and set the KMail filter to pipe all matching
messages to spamassassin -r (for report as verified spam), mark as read and
move to trash and also set KMail to empty trash on exit. If there are a few
genuine people who still send to that account, put a filter ABOVE the spam
one to catch the From: line for those specific people.

The account itself is checked on an interval basis to make the most of idle
time. I just leave KMail running and the ISDN takes care of the rest.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/