Re: [LUG] rant about mail clients

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:21:22PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Easy to use?? Pardon? I can never get mutt to do anything useful (like
> retrieve POP3 email).

mutt is a mail reader. Not a pop spooler.

> on test without spreading the email over different clients too - let's see,
> evolution, mutt, Mozilla Mail - 8*3 > too many data stores!

There should be a common store in a mailbox format, which all can
access.

> usenet = spam

email = spam too?

usenet is fantastic. I enjoy google groups, and I adore alt.binaries :)

client: slrn

> IRC = spam

Again, I don't know what chat channels you have been on. Or what client
you use. But my experiences on IRC (Freenode in particular) have been
pleasant.

client: irssi

-Kai