Re: [LUG] rant about mail clients

On Wednesday 02 Jul 2003 10:51 am, James Keasley wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:25, Jon Lawrence wrote:
> Oh and steve, yes mutt is very nice, and very easy to use for a
> command-line (menu driven?) client.

Easy to use?? Pardon? I can never get mutt to do anything useful (like
retrieve POP3 email).

> Juat as a matter of interest, how many people who use gui clients
> normally have got the commandline equivalents set up as well, just in
> case?

Oh no,no,no. KMail and nowt else. It's bad enough having 8 different distros
on test without spreading the email over different clients too - let's see,
evolution, mutt, Mozilla Mail - 8*3 > too many data stores!
(In case that renders differently in your client, I did intend 8 to the power
of 3 not 8 x 3.)

> Personally I have got two usenet clients, which are actually my
> main usenet clients I don't use Pan very often, a mail client an IRC

usenet = spam
IRC = spam
Something else I've already got too much of.
(Without SpamAssassin, I'd drown under the spam.)

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/