Re: [LUG] Comments?

<snip>

Yellow Dog Linux make ISO images available 2 weeks after releasing the
packaged product. There is a Legal Notice at
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resources/ftp_mirrors.shtml which
basically says that whilst you can download the ISO images it is illegal
to copy them 'for the purpose of distribution or resale'.
Whilst I can understand the copying for resale bit, giving a copy to a
friend would be seem to be harmless enough, but would be illegal in my
view as this would be 'distributing' the ISO's.
I have been downloading the ISO images the past few evenings and have
had trouble connecting (there is a limit of 400 connections) so it shows
many people are downloading the ISO's. It would ease the load on the
server if people could legally share copies of the ISO's.

BTW, if you have trouble downloading, I can recommend Downloader for X
(see http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo). Not only does it automatically
reconnect on broken connections, but you can also limit bandwidth used
as well.

John Housden <john.housden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you benefit from using Free Software, consider supporting the Free
Software Foundation. For details, checkout http://member.fsf.org