Re: [LUG] Lib Dem MP view on needs for public sector IT support

Ask somebody in Technical Support (ie me ;)) how much training it takes
every time Mickeyshaft release a new OS :)  You just get really
proficient at pulling the bugs out of (say) Windows ME and knowing where
everything is, and some pillock in Seattle moves everything around,
introduces new bugs and you're back to square one.. Windows Xtra Panic.

Linux basics do not change (that much) between releases.  Being a newbie
I'm no expert by any means.  My understanding though is that the
underlying command set in the kernel only differs slightly in any
upgrade, while any major differences are in the GUI (KDE etc).

Ergo between versions there is little or no retraining to be done.

I'm sure one of you experienced people will be good enough to point me
to the error of my ways if I'm wrong here :)

Cheers,

Julian