Re: [LUG] OpenOffice.org and envelopes

On Wednesday 25 Jun 2003 12:57 pm, George Duller wrote:
> I am trying to run OpenOffice.org 1.0.2 with Mandrake 9.1. Everything
> works perfectly except for one thing. I want to print envelopes. OOo
> lets me set up envelopes of various shapes and sizes,  but it never
> prints an envelope!
>
> Can anyone help me please? Presumably I have done something very stupid,
> but just what I don't know.
>
> Best wishes,
>
>                      George Duller

Mine seems to work okay (I'm not expert at all) on a Dell desktop with an HP
PSC750. Select Insert=>Envelope. I think you have to select the address on
the letter; it doesn't always appear in the window in the Envelope dialog box
but you can copy it and paste it in the dialog box/window using the RH mouse
button.

You have to watch out when formatting the envelope to make sure the letter
doesn't get formatted to the same page size.

Unlike MicroS*** Word, the envelope is page 1 of the resulting document.

This probably won't help, but best regards

Simon Sanders