[LUG] Mounting floppies//cds etc

Since installing SuSE 8.2 I've been unable to mount a floppy
from my account while using KDE.

Also while I can mount a CD/DVD I cannot umount it as user.
The only way can umount it is from a root terminal. Even then
the system reports that the device is busy. But after a delay of
about 60s a fresh attempt to umount is successful.

There are no such problems with my wifes account (on the same
machine) nor with Gnome.

I don't think the KDE links to the devices have been broken
because I can hear the system open the guard on the floppy.

I've deleted the following files:
~/.DCOPserver-*
~/.kde/socket-hostname
~/.kde/tmp-hostname
/tmp/tmp-kde-user
~/.kde/socket-hostname
/tmp/ksocket-user

and allowed KDE to re-create them on start up but all to no
avail.

Any ideas fellas?

Keith
--
SuSE 8.2 on ECS K7S5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, Maxtor 20GB HD and
using KDE's Kmail