Re: [LUG] Groundhog day

On Thursday 19 Jun 2003 9:23 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Jun 2003 9:20 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Once mail is in KMail format (directory/cur/filename) can it be fed back
> > into a normal mailbox without having to be forwarded?
>
> Having looked at KMail a bit, I now realise the confusion. Recent
> installations of KMail use maildir format and previous versions used
> mailbox. So my question really is how to convert maildir into mailbox.

Ne'er mind. My fault. If I'd bothered to check MhonArc first (and Alex may
well have known this anyways), MHonArc doesn't need to have the mail
converted, it can deal with both.
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/envs.html#maildir
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/faq/envs.html#muas

(incidentally, I did find a little script to do the reverse - mailbox to
maildir.) Search for mb2md in google:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/mb2md.html

Sorry to waste your time.

--