Re: [LUG] Sony DSC-V1 [Digital camera(s)]

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 23:04, you wrote:

> It downloaded files yesterday, but will not do so today...

Having slept on the matter, I pressed the reset button on the
camera, and amazingly it now downloads pictures and
sound_and_picture MPEG again.

So I'll keep it.

Sony are perhaps not totally settled upon their business model -
I hope they will come out wholly in favour of the one where they
make attractive bits of kit which work mainly in standard
fashions, and sell not on the basis of lock-in but on the basis
of people picking them up and desiring to posess the gadgets.

When the gphoto2 maintainers get around to it I'll be pleased,
looking at camera and USB driving in general it looks a bit hard
for me to write myself.

--
From the Linux sofa or garden swing of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/