Re: [LUG] Ximian - Red Carpet

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:19, Neil Stone wrote:

> I used to use this.. was quite cool.. didn't have broadband at the time
> tho so took aaaages..
>
> However I now use debian.. much nicer..

I'm using 56K modems but, by using the RC UK mirrors I find that my
ISP's 2hr cut off still allows me to download fairly hefty chunks of
packages etc. if required.  Being an inveterate coffee drinker in
retirement, time spent downloading is not of the essence.  Incidentally,
Evolution v1.4 is v.nice, especially the revamped printing interface and
Eng(Brit) spelling.

Debian - I prefer to stay away (no flames), not a hope of trying to
keeping that up to date with my modems.  However, SuSE v8.2 out of the
box seems to be very stable on this home built machine, also user
friendly. Mandrake v9.1 installed and performs well on my ACER laptop
with the addition of a Lucent winmodem driver.

David

--
Hatherleigh
Devon. G.B.