Re: [LUG] web site testing

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 23:11, Tom Glare wrote:

> Do I know where Farseer Enterprises is ? - YES
> Do I know what they do ?                 - YES
> Have I got detailed technical information and
> prices on their products ?               - YES
> Was it easy to find my way around their web site ? - YES

yep it is a pretty good website

> Do they meet the approval of the National Guild of Web Designers ?
> COULD NOT GIVE A MONKEYS !

Well given the type of junk that some professional web designers
produce...

Using the standards is good, there are far too many websites that
ignore them and are written specifically for IE and, if you are lucky,
another browser. But if someone has to use a screen reader program to
browse the web they can't get at the information, sometimes you can't
even get onto the actual content of the site if you don't use IE or
whatever Macs use for browsing, for example if I want to check
www.scarpa.net I would have to use windows, I can't even get to the main
page using mozilla on linux.

If programs were written in the same kind of vague approximation of code
that a lot of websites use (and a lot of wysiwyg editors churn out)
then you'd be lucky to even get the computer to boot properly, let alone
run anything.

--
James
jamesk[at]beeb[dot]net

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.