Re: [LUG] war

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:12:35AM +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> I have not seen it quite so clearly set out that Linux and other
> OSS operating systems, office and infrastructure tools and
> and civilised - this may not last.

I have some attending 'E-business' some lectures by a man who is taking
the VP of Business affairs position in Microsoft later this year. In all
the time he was speaking about technology, he never *once* mentioned
Linux, Open Office, Red Hat, postgres etc. It was really shocking.

He did talk about the term 'opensource' or rather funnily
'opensourcing', but again fails to mentions any of its products. But he
did go on about MS XP, MSMQ, MS .NET and MS that...

After questioning him during class he pulled me aside in a break and
told me not to ask questions during class as I knew too much, and if I
want to discuss anything I should do via email.

You'll be happy to know I dropped that course.
-Kai