Re: [LUG] CSS and search engines

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:50:14AM +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Google pays particular attention to text in properly marked
> headings so that was excellent advice.

Indeed it was. Just have standards compliant CONTENT(not copyrights, not
disclaimers) and you'll be fine.

> ht:/Dig the open source search engine _does_ pay attention to
> meta tags, and even defines some of its own.

I recommend Lucene for a search engine:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/index.html

But as the thread originator did not know if a website needs to be on all
the time, I would take one thing at a time, and take it slow. I have
been doing web stuff for years and have not got around to implementing a
nice search on my site... ;)

Regards,
-Kai