From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of trewornan
Sent: 01 June 2003 11:37
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Mandrake winmodem woes

Is kppp supposed to be missing from Kde 3.1? If so how
the f^H^H^H^H^H am I supposed to log on to my isp?
There seems to be some "auto-configuration" system for
network connections but the first question is 'what
kind of modem are you using' and if you answer
"winmodem" that's it "Your modem type is not
supported" . . . very helpful!

Never had a problem like this with redhat, I just
installed the modem driver and used kppp to set up my
account details . . . it's so easy!

Anybody else had a similar problem?

best regards,

Mark