Re: [LUG] Fw: [nylug-talk] fwd:[nyc-g33ks] Novell Rules! anothertwist to the SCO linux tale

Well this is as i thought it would be.

There is nothing worse than the coorporate spin of a board of directorsin panic; facing upto to a dimishinng share price and loss of market share. I believe this to be a good play for a take over bid. However the boards of IBM etc.. are frugal at times and unresolvably stupid at others. Ultimatley this boils down to a triumph for the GPL which I feel would have provided sufficient protection in a court of law anyway.

This does not discount a viable place in coorpoate society for SCO or Unix, but does imply a radical review of their business strategy. One that I feel they have long since lost the opportunity to grasp sucessfully.

As for Linux in the GP market, if the GP's are generally happy with their solutions. Then why fix it if it isn;t broke.

Best Wishes
Rick