Re: [LUG] Fw: [nylug-talk] fwd:[nyc-g33ks] Novell Rules! another twist to the SCO linux tale

On Thursday 29 May 2003 18:05, you wrote:

> Shall we say our goodbyes to SCO now or wait, lol

There are a considerable number of General medical Practices
whose clinical record systems at least run on a SCO Unix server.
 Some on Xenix still.

Our local supplier - MicroTest of Bodmin - is one of them and
has considerable penetration of the market in Cornwall and west
Devon, and some out as far as Woodbury.

I'd be sorry to see anything open the market to other commercial
operating systems, the market is a real mess.

Obviously, a move to Linux is not a silly idea, and obviously
any supplier must be thinking about it, and their techies trying
it out, if they are any good.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/