Re: [LUG] Dual-booting Debian/Mandrake: informational posting

I bought a Sitecom 56K Fax Modem type PC-001, I found it functional
under linux.  I say functional because it would work after a fashion.
The chipset inside the modem would hang up if you tried to uploaded
considerable quantities of data (I needed to power cycle the card to get
it running again).  You could work around this by disabling the IRQ
address for the modems PC card serial port, although this would cause
the performance of the card to be exceptionally crumby. The card uses
the Conexant HSF chipset internally.

Hopefully this will help you make a good decision when selecting
modems.  I would give my selection a meager 2/5.

James.

James Ogden <zemned@xxxxxxxxxx>