Re: [LUG] Wireless & WEP

Quoting Simon Waters:

> Alex Charrett wrote:
> >
> > I've tried setting KEY="s:key" in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts but this
> > seems to make no difference to the problem when starting pcmcia_cs
>
> Does it work with "iwconfig" i.e. iwconfig eth0 enc xxxx-xxxx-xx

The solution was to copy iwconfig to a safe place, remove wireless-tools and
then add iwconfig eth0 key s:key to the bottom of /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts.

So god knows what their rpm of wireless-tools does, but compiling a newer srpm
of it didn't fix the probem either.  So the solution is a bit hacky but works,
which is the main thing.

Cheers,
Alex.