Re: [LUG] fetchmail problem

This has been answered but at the moment all blueyonder addresses are commented
out of the list file becuase the list admin addresses have been getting spammed
by the blueyonder mail servers, I'll summise the responses.....

The full replies will be available when the list archive updates tonight..

Quoting Ray Smith:

> I am running pine with fetmail set to poll every couple of  minutes as a
> daemon.
> Problem I am having is passing an option in the fetchmailrc file.
> I want to check mail but keep it on the server so mail with attachments
> aren't downloaded with pine. (I have an icon in gnome that flashes when
> mail is available. Great for checking the list)
> According to the man page this should be the -k switch.
> I have the line
> poll -k pop3.myprovider.co.uk user ########### pass #####

Peter Stockfast said:
Try adding keep to the end of your poll command.

And I'd say remove the -k as well.

> Also how do I turn the daemon off once activated. The applet I use has a
> tick to check /var/spool/mail/user and a time period and an option to
> activate fetchmail on it's own after this time so as I'm logged into gnome
> I may not need to have the daemon running in any case.

Peter Stockfast said:
fetchmail --quit

Paul M said:
fetchmail -d --quit