Re: [LUG] ADSL enabling

On Thursday 08 May 2003 5:36 pm, Mark Cubitt wrote:
> hat to burst all your bubbles, but as far as i'm aware once the trigger
> level is reached they send the details of the intrested parties to ISP's
> and they have 3 months to get ALL the trigger level in PAID customers.
>
> so if they check or not it won't matter, they won't get the customers if it
> isn't genuine intrest.

When you register with interest with an ISP, it gets sent (either automatially
via XML, or later by hand over web interface) to BT, which registers it with
FastPRoBE (Fast Pre Registration By Exchange) and updates the
bt.com/broadband/ site that shows the thermomiter wihin 10 minutes.  All
details that you provide the ISP (name, address, phone number, etc) are
passed to BT in this.

- From BT Broadband Deployment Pre-Registration Process Handbook - Issue 8:

[grrr, damn kghostview won't let me copy/paste!]

<snip>

7 . Once the external threshold has attained 90% of it's allowed volume the BT
wholesale broadband deployment team will be notified via email.  this allows
BT Wholesale to test the validity of the orders and to begin preperations for
exchange build.

</snip>

Now, i'm not sure i'm allowed to disclose exactly how BT check the details,
but it's really not too clever ... I'll read through my NDA with them to
check that bit before i get stuck in the archive :)

One thign worth noting is that BT are allowed to stop an ISP from accepting
registrations if a high number are found to be fraudulent from any single
one.  Sucks, hu?

Mooo,

 ~ Theo

- --