Re: [LUG] Moving to Sidmouth - whats the status of ADSL there?

Hi David!

I just got "back" from the primary school a couple of those old
motherboards (in cases I scrounged) you donated way back when - if you
are indeed the same David Bell. They've upgraded to be able to run XP -
though what primary age school kids need with 1ghz+ PCs and XP baffles
me, but raising this as a governor has not endeared myself to the local
PC persons. Roll on freeduc to "production" quality.

You still didn't answer my question about adsl in Sidmouth >;)

Where is Hathersleigh? I don't know the area that well yet in detail.

After looking at real rural places we elected to go for something pretty
well central in Sidmouth (on the edge of The Leys, about 1/3 up from the
sea) as it was 5 minutes walk from the school for sprogget Mark 1, and a
few minutes more to nursery for sprogget Mk II (just 6, and 11 months
respectively) and we wanted to be in reach of facilities, social circles
for the kids etc. without having to get in a car and drive everywhere (we
are keen cyclists, which I try to keep up despite increasing problems with
rheumatic/polymyalgia illness that has forced early retirement, and my
need for medication, during the winter particularly, often means it is
unwise to drive a car so there is nothing to it but hoof).

OK chaps and chappesses, wot about the ADSL?

Do you have a "chat" list?