Re: [LUG] Argos.co.uk with Mozilla

Just to throw my ideas in to the pot.. how exactly are you going to explain it when argo try to reply to the message and get a "you are not subscribed" email ? But yeah, i see you'r point.. perhaps an online petition is in order ?

Neil

Rick Timmis wrote:
Hi Paul

Whilst I am currently in no position to stand along side you here and start spouting about site coding standards. I find it quite a clever peice of thinking to request argos to reply with their position on Non IE web browser users, to a public list. Kind of load the gun and let them shoot their foot off. Nice ;-)

And you think I'm a Troll !

Rick

Paul Weaver wrote:

As a linux user, I dont use Internet Explorer. If you want to discriminate against at least 5% of your potential customers, or rather, reduce your sales by at least 5%, then that's your problem. I find it hillarious, however, that if I change my User Agent string to pretend I use Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP, many features on the site work fine, and I found the item I wanted - a Ferguson T70171RI 28in NICAM TV, £229.99, Cat.No. 537/4016, very quickly.
Perhaps you would care to halt your crusade against a growing proportion of Linux, Mac, and Windows users that prefer the flexibility of Mozilla? I fail to understand why you cant cope with using existing standards to make your site available to all your customers, including customers covered by the various accessability laws in force in the UK.
--
Paul Weaver