[LUG] Apache 2 Module Problem

I have a rather strange problem with loading Apache 2 modules. I'm using 2.0.45 but have had the same problem with previous Apache 2 versions.
I have both PHP (4.3.2RC2) and Perl (mod_perl-1.99_07) available as modules, but can only get Apache to load one of them.

If I have the PHP module as the first LoadModule line, it loads it but ignores the Perl module on the next line - and vice-versa. The logs (and server ID line) show that only one module is loaded each time and don't mention the other module at all.

I currently have the following in the config file:

#LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

Perl is disabled because I'd rather have PHP working. If I enable the Perl line, it ignores the PHP line.

I can't believe that this is an Apache bug, so does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks, David.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.