[LUG] When things go wrong

For some reason, something decided to break, and forbid a normal user to read
files on my fat32 drives - and as they have many of my mp3's and videos,
thats not good. The mask changed from r-x to r-- for group and user (cant run
ls). Dont know why.

Read mount and fstab man pages, and discovered how to make the drives
group-writable as well. Where as I coped before with read-only, by losing
read access, I gained write access.

At the same time My mouse decides to die. I have two spare mice, a flakey
wireless/optical mouse that usually works but can get upset, and a serial
mouse.

Its been so long since I went into XF86config I'd forgotten half of the stuff.
Half an hour after readign through the man page and changing permissions on
various files (/dev/ttyS1 wasnt group readable, dunno why), and remembering
to change the protocol from IMPS2, my serial mouse worked.

However the man page had an example of how to have two mice working. I was
intrigued. Unfortunatly you dont get two mouse pointers on the screen (that
would be cool), however I can now contorl my mouse from two different mice.
I'm not sure what use this will be, but it will no doubt be some.

Moral of the story: Make/let things go wrong and you'll learn some more stuff.

Now I have to decide whcih mosue to click "send" with...