Re: [LUG] (slightly OT) Sat. and wireless broadband

On Thursday 24 April 2003 6:39 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As an aside (and just ignore me if you already know ;o)) if you go to
> http://www.bt.com/broadband you can punch in your telephone number and
> it will tell you not only whether your local exchange has broadband, but
> if not how many requests BT expect before they will install it, and how
> many they have already had:
>
> e.g. if they want 250 and they've had 249 you're in business <g>

If it was truly that easy I wouldn't have ISDN and I wouldn't have the same
sig on all my emails.

My exchange has been enabled for >2 yrs now but I cannot have ADSL, RADSL or
anything else. When the line was put in, BT cut corners and now
(semi-officially) explain that the copper is 'of sub-standard quality for
data' and as they are only obliged to provide 9600baud ( <14.4k) there is NO
prospect of the copper being replaced or upgraded.

I only just scraped ISDN.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/