Re: [LUG] (slightly OT) Sat. and wireless broadband

Satellite is too costly. Unless you also can afford an ISDN line for the
uplink?

Wireless. 802.11b is unsuitable. I tested it around my little village in
the holidays, and its impressive but its range isn't so good through
Cornish hedges.

I think you have two choices. Move, or wait. There are good things to
wait for too, like:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/13/2333239&mode=thread&tid=193

If you have a good config with the 56k. Fetchmail, browser with images
switched off and what have you, it isn't so bad... Ok, I lie, it sucks.

But I shouldn't boast about my connection here... hehe. (I chose to
move)

-Kai