Re: [LUG] XINE v Mandrake 9.0

	Hi Julian

	Bear in mind I'm no expert (Only used Linux in any
	serious manner for just over a year ).

	Your xine check is nominally the same as mine. I'm
	not sure about your /dev/cd and /dev dvd but as you
	indicated in an earlier post you can play part of a
	movie it should be OK.

	Don't see how Netscape 7.01 could alter anything in
	fact I've installed NS 7.01 (and upgraded to 7.02)
	and Xine still plays my DVDs OK.
	I can only assume there is something wrong with your
	xine config. I've attached my config from my
	/home/.xine
	Compare it with yours and look for any serious anomillies.

	If that fails I suggest reading or mailing the mailing lists
	for Xine at:

	http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=9655

	If you eventually solve the problem post a reply.

Regards Keith

On Sunday 20 Apr 2003 11:32 am, Julian Hall wrote:
> [...]
>
> Julian
>
> On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 03:58, Keith Abraham wrote:
> > 	Have you done "xine-check" from a console? If not it might
> > 	give you some pointers
> >
> > 	On my system xine-check gave:-
> >
> > Please be patient, this script may take a while to run...
> > [ good ] you're using Linux, doing specific tests
> > [ good ] looks like you have a /proc filesystem mounted.
> > [ good ] You seem to have a reasonable kernel version (2.4.18-4GB)
> > [ good ] intel compatible processor, checking MTRR support
> > [ good ] you have MTRR support and there are some ranges set.
> > [ good ] found the player at /usr/bin/xine
> > [ good ] /usr/bin/xine is in your PATH
> > [ good ] found /usr/bin/xine-config in your PATH
> > [ good ] plugin directory /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0 exists.
> > [ good ] found input plugins
> > [ good ] found demux plugins
> > [ good ] found decoder plugins
> > [ good ] found video_out plugins
> > [ good ] found audio_out plugins
> > [ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/hdc
> > [ good ] /dev/dvd points to /dev/hdc
> > [ good ] DMA is enabled for your DVD drive
> > [ good ] found xvinfo: X-Video Extension version 2.2
> > [ good ] your Xv extension supports YUV overlays (improves MPEG
> > performance) [ good ] your Xv extension supports packed YUV overlays
> > [ good ] Xv ports:  YUY2 YV12 UYVY I420 YUY2 YV12 UYVY I420
> >
> > 	Not much help I know but it might shed some light.
> >
> > 	As a long shot try reinstalling the dvdcss bits.
> >
> > 	Xine-lib-d4d or xine-lib-d5d is also needed for encrypted
> > 	movies.
> >
> > 	I see from my logbook that someone recommended
> > 	I installed the udf package, which I did.
> > 	It was some time ago I did all this and it's not clear why
> > 	udf was necessary.
> > 	Memo to self: I must keep a clearer log book!!
> >
> > 	As a last resort ditch Xine and install Ogle, A lot of
> > 	people seem to like it.
> >
> > Keith
> >
> > On Friday 18 Apr 2003 4:43 pm, Julian Hall wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Thanks for that Andy.
> > >
> > > At the moment it "sort of" works if I select "NAV" instead of "DVD" in
> > > Xine, but it plays part of the way through the film.  If I choose the
> > > "DVD" button I get the error:
> > >
> > >              - xine engine error -
> > >
> > >        There is no input plugin available to handle
> > >                 'dvd://VIDEO_TS.VOB'.
> > > Maybe MRL syntax is wrong or file/stream source doesn't exist.
> > >
> > > I've had that consistently ever since trying to install Netscape 7
> > > (which everyone says is totally unconnected, but I can't get away from
> > > the fact that this started immediately after installing it, and I don't
> > > believe in coincidences where PCs are concerned! :O))
> > >
> > > Julian

> > --
> > SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR\nwith 384MB RAM and
> > 20GB Maxtor HD using KDE's Kmail
> >
> > --

SuSE 8.0 Linux on 1.2GHz AMD Athlon/PCChips 810LMR\nwith 384MB RAM and 20GB
#
# xine config file
#

# Windows stacking (more)
# bool, default: 0
gui.always_layer_above:0

# amplification level
# [0..200], default: 100
gui.amp_level:100

# Visiblility behavior of panel
# bool, default: 0
gui.auto_panel_visibility:0

# Visibility behavior of output window
# bool, default: 0
gui.auto_video_output_visibility:0

# numeric, default: 200
gui.control_x:200

# numeric, default: 100
gui.control_y:100

# Event sender behavior
# bool, default: 1
gui.eventer_sticky:1

gui.eventer_x:801
gui.eventer_y:557
# configuration experience level
# { Beginner  Advanced  Expert  Master of the known universe }, default: 0
gui.experience_level:Expert

# Windows stacking
# bool, default: 0
gui.layer_above:0

# Logo mrl
# string, default: file:/usr/share/xine/skins/xine-ui_logo.mpv
gui.logo_mrl:file:/usr/share/xine/skins/xine-ui_logo.mpv

gui.mrl_browser_x:200
gui.mrl_browser_y:100
# Enable OSD support
# bool, default: 1
gui.osd_enabled:1

# Dismiss OSD time (s)
# numeric, default: 3
gui.osd_timeout:3

# gui panel visibility
# bool, default: 1
gui.panel_visible:1

# numeric, default: 200
gui.panel_x:195

# numeric, default: 100
gui.panel_y:616

# Ask user for playback with unsupported codec
# bool, default: 0
gui.play_anyway:0

gui.playlist_x:200
gui.playlist_y:200
# Post audio plugin
# { fftscope  oscope  goom }, default: 0
gui.post_audio_plugin:fftscope

# Post video plugin
# { None  invert }, default: 0
gui.post_video_plugin:None

# Screensaver wakeup
# numeric, default: 10
gui.screensaver_timeout:10

gui.setup_x:505
gui.setup_y:216
# Stream information
# bool, default: 0
gui.sinfo_auto_update:0

gui.sinfos_x:100
gui.sinfos_y:100
# gui skin theme
# { xinetic  cloudy  CelomaChrome }, default: 0
gui.skin:xinetic

# Skin Server Url
# string, default: http://xine.sourceforge.net/skins/skins.slx
gui.skin_server_url:http://xine.sourceforge.net/skins/skins.slx

# Chapter hopping
# bool, default: 1
gui.skip_by_chapter:1

# change xine's behavior for unexperienced user
# bool, default: 1
gui.smart_mode:1

# Snapshot location
# string, default: /home/keith
gui.snapshotdir:/home/keith

# New stream sizes resize output window
# bool, default: 1
gui.stream_resize_window:1

# tips timeout (ms)
# numeric, default: 500
gui.tips_timeout:500

# gui tips visibility
# bool, default: 1
gui.tips_visible:1

# use XVidModeExtension when switching to fullscreen
# bool, default: 0
gui.use_xvidext:0

# numeric, default: 100
gui.viewlog_x:99

# numeric, default: 100
gui.viewlog_y:100

# Visual animation style
# { None  Post Plugin  Stream Animation }, default: 1
gui.visual_anim:Post Plugin

# synchronized X protocol (debug)
# bool, default: 0
gui.xsynchronize:0

# Double size for small streams (require stream_resize_window)
# bool, default: 0
gui.zoom_small_stream:0

# used to inform xine about what the sound card can do
# bool, default: 0
audio.a52_pass_through:0

# device used for 5.1-channel output
# string, default: iec958:AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
audio.alsa_a52_device:iec958:AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2

# device used for mono output
# string, default: default
audio.alsa_default_device:default

# device used for stereo output
# string, default: default
audio.alsa_front_device:default

# alsa mixer device
# string, default: PCM
audio.alsa_mixer_name:PCM

# device used for 4-channel output
# string, default: surround40
audio.alsa_surround40_device:surround40

# device used for 5-channel output
# string, default: surround51
audio.alsa_surround50_device:surround51

# device used for 5.1-channel output
# string, default: surround51
audio.alsa_surround51_device:surround51

# choose method to sync audio and video
# { metronom_feedback  resample }, default: 0
audio.av_sync_method:metronom_feedback

# audio driver to use
# { auto  null  alsa  oss  esd }, default: 0
audio.driver:auto

# used to inform xine about what the sound card can do
# bool, default: 0
audio.five_channel:0

# used to inform xine about what the sound card can do
# bool, default: 0
audio.five_lfe_channel:0

# if !=0 always resample to given rate
# numeric, default: 0
audio.force_rate:0

# used to inform xine about what the sound card can do
# bool, default: 0
audio.four_channel:0

# Audio volume
# [0..100], default: 50
audio.mixer_volume:50

# adjust if audio is offsync
# numeric, default: 0
audio.passthrough_offset:0

# restore volume level at startup
# bool, default: 0
audio.remember_volume:0

# adjust whether resampling is done or not
# { auto  off  on }, default: 0
audio.resample_mode:auto

# double buffer to sync video to the retrace
# bool, default: 1
video.XV_DOUBLE_BUFFER:1

# Software deinterlace method (Key I toggles deinterlacer on/off)
# { none  bob  weave  greedy  onefield  onefield_xv  linearblend }, default: 4
video.deinterlace_method:onefield

# video driver to use
# { auto  aadxr3  dxr3  xv  SyncFB  xshm  none  vidixfb  vidix  fb }, default: 0
video.driver:auto

# horizontal image position in the output window
# [0..100], default: 50
video.horizontal_position:50

# number of video buffers to allocate (higher values mean smoother playback but higher latency)
# numeric, default: 500
video.num_buffers:500

# vertical image position in the output window
# [0..100], default: 50
video.vertical_position:50

# Make Xv autopaint its colorkey
# bool, default: 1
video.xv_autopaint_colorkey:1

# Colorkey used for Xv video overlay
# [0..16777215], default: 2110
video.xv_colorkey:2110

# workaround for some (buggy) XVideo drivers
# bool, default: 0
video.xv_pitch_alignment:0

# Dxr3: Device Name
# string, default: /dev/em8300-0
dxr3.devicename:/dev/em8300-0

# Add black bars to correct aspect ratio
# bool, default: 1
dxr3.enc_add_bars:1

# dxr3: use alternate play mode for mpeg encoder playback
# bool, default: 1
dxr3.enc_alt_play_mode:1

# swap odd and even lines
# bool, default: 0
dxr3.enc_swap_fields:0

# cddbp cache directory
# string, default: /home/keith/.xine/cddbcache
input.cdda_cddb_cachedir:/home/keith/.xine/cddbcache

# cddbp server port
# numeric, default: 8880
input.cdda_cddb_port:8880

# cddbp server name
# string, default: freedb.freedb.org
input.cdda_cddb_server:freedb.freedb.org

# device used for cdda drive
# string, default: /dev/cdrom
input.cdda_device:/dev/cdrom

# use cddb feature
# bool, default: 1
input.cdda_use_cddb:1

# path to the libdvdcss title key cache
# string, default: /home/keith/.dvdcss/
input.css_cache_path:/home/keith/.dvdcss/

# the css decryption method libdvdcss should use
# { key  disc  title }, default: 0
input.css_decryption_method:key

# device used for dvd drive
# string, default: /dev/dvd
input.dvd_device:/dev/dvd

# The default language for dvd
# string, default: en
input.dvd_language:en

# raw device set up for dvd access
# string, default: /dev/rdvd
input.dvd_raw_device:/dev/rdvd

# Region that DVD player claims to be (1 -> 8)
# numeric, default: 1
input.dvd_region:1

# Seeking will work on this basis.
# { seek in program chain  seek in program }, default: 0
input.dvd_seek_behaviour:seek in program chain

# Skipping will work on this basis.
# { skip program  skip part  skip title }, default: 0
input.dvd_skip_behaviour:skip program

# Do we use read-ahead caching?
# bool, default: 1
input.dvd_use_readahead:1

# list hidden files
# bool, default: 1
input.file_hidden_files:1

# file browsing start location
# string, default: /home/keith
input.file_origin_path:/home/keith

# Network bandwidth
# { 14.4 Kbps (Modem)  19.2 Kbps (Modem)  28.8 Kbps (Modem)  33.6 Kbps (Modem)  34.4 Kbps (Modem)  57.6 Kbps (Modem)  115.2 Kbps (ISDN)  262.2 Kbps (Cable/DSL)  393.2 Kbps (Cable/DSL)  524.3 Kbps (Cable/DSL)  1.5 Mbps (T1)  10.5 Mbps (LAN) }, default: 10
input.mms_network_bandwidth:1.5 Mbps (T1)

# path to your local vcd device file
# string, default: /dev/cdrom
input.vcd_device:/dev/cdrom

# enable a/52 dynamic range compensation
# bool, default: 0
codec.a52_dynrng:0

# a/52 volume control
# [0..200], default: 100
codec.a52_level:100

# enable audio downmixing to 2.0 surround stereo
# bool, default: 0
codec.a52_surround_downmix:0

# ffmpeg mpeg-4 postprocessing quality
# [0..6], default: 3
codec.ffmpeg_pp_quality:3

# path to real player codecs, if installed
# string, default: unknown
codec.real_codecs_path:/usr/lib/RealPlayer8/Codecs

# path to win32 codec dlls
# string, default: /usr/lib/win32
codec.win32_path:/usr/lib/win32

# Colorspace conversion method used by Goom
# { Fast but not photorealistic  Slow but looks better (mmx) }, default: 0
post.goom_csc_method:Fast but not photorealistic

# Frames per second to generate with Goom
# numeric, default: 10
post.goom_fps:10

# Goom image height in pixels
# numeric, default: 240
post.goom_height:240

# Use Goom asm optimizations
# bool, default: 1
post.goom_use_asm:1

# Goom image width in pixels
# numeric, default: 320
post.goom_width:320

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 2
decoder.a/52_priority:2

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 9
decoder.adpcm_priority:9

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.cinepak_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.cyuv_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.dts_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 10
decoder.dxr3-mpeg2_priority:10

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 10
decoder.dxr3-spudec_priority:10

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.faad_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 0
decoder.ffmpeg-wmv8_priority:0

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.ffmpegaudio_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.ffmpegvideo_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.fli_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 9
decoder.gsm610_priority:9

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.idcinvideo_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.image_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.interplay_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.interplayaudio_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 9
decoder.logpcm_priority:9

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.mad_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.mpeg2_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.msrle_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.msvc_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.nsf_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.pcm_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.qta_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.qtrle_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.qtv_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.real_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.realadec_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.rgb_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.roq_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.roqaudio_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.rpza_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 9
decoder.smc_priority:9

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.spucc_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.spudec_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.sputext_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.svq1_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 5
decoder.vorbis_priority:5

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 9
decoder.wc3video_priority:9

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.win32a_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.win32v_priority:1

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 6
decoder.yuv_frames_priority:6

# decoder's priority compared to others
# numeric, default: 1
decoder.yuv_priority:1

# media format detection strategy
# { default  reverse  content  extension }, default: 0
misc.demux_strategy:default

# Memcopy method to use in xine for large data chunks.
# { probe  glibc  kernel  mmx  mmxext  sse }, default: 0
misc.memcpy_method:mmxext

# Palette (foreground-border-background) to use on subtitles
# { white-black-transparent  white-none-transparent  white-none-translucid  yellow-black-transparent }, default: 0
misc.osd_text_palette:white-black-transparent

Lynx friendly