Re: [LUG] Radius on DEBIAN

Uhm....

It's a lot more than that :) It depends on what kind of NAS you're using, whether it's talking standard IETF RADIUS or the Livingstone or Cisco 'flavours' of it. It depends where you're getting your authentication information from, what AV-Pairs you're setting, what type of attributes you're returning, whether you're trying to authenticate bog-standard users, or if you're trying to set up L2TP tunnels at the same time (Don't remind me of cisco VPDN dialin/out).

All in all, even for a very simple setup, it's not a 'newbie' activity IMO. I spent the best part of 2 or 3 months designing and implementing a RADIUS server setup for a network service provider in Paris - it's not always an easy job.

It's certainly not something that is going to work 'out of the box' so to speak, as it has to be customised to user's requirements.

J.

--
Jon Still                               E-mail: jon@xxxxxxxxxxx
tertial.org                             Web:    http://www.tertial.org/