Re: [LUG] Do other LUG Members find X a pain to configure ?

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 7:39 pm, Julian Hall wrote:

> 1.  As above, Mandrake 9.0.  The Mobo is an MSI K7N2-L with onboard
> network card.  Obviously the card works (or how would I be here? ;o))
> However it detects as "Ethernet card" and UNKNOWN_MODULE.  Am I OK to

Thing with Linux is that there's always more than one way to find out or
change anything. I presume you're using the graphical Mandrake tool
(HardDrake?) to see this? Be assured that HardDrake isn't the
be-all-and-end-all of configuration. (It isn't always even that good, TBH).
For a complete answer, try these: (command line):
dmesg | grep eth
as root user:
ifconfig
(or possibly /sbin/ifconfig)
netstat -i
cat /etc/modules.conf

> leave it as that or should I try to make it behave properly?  Perversely

It probably is working fine, it's just HardDrake that is confused.

You've lost me on the TV adaptor - never used one. Sorry.

--

Neil Williams

http://www.wewantbroadband.co.uk/