Re: [LUG] MEETING FEEDBACK

 --- Paul Sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > The meeting was very
informative,  will there be a followup
> presentation on
> the met office move at a later meeting, it would be interesting to
> hear how
> it went, if there were any problems and how these were solved,
> mainly for
> the benefit of anyone in a similar position.
>
> The freeduc cdrom works great on my laptop, so I was playing with
> that this
> morning,  I hope to demo to a few people at work, etc,  which should
> hopefully generate some interest.
>
> Regular meetings would be a nice idea, esp meetings to help sort out
> system
> configs etc.  I guess it depends on costs, etc
>
> I will probably end up getting one of those tux penguins as they are
> kind of
> cute.
>

> paul

Sorry for my late arrival, the FreeDuc CD has proved useful to me too,
i showed a few friends who were suitably impressed.

I would be interested to find out more regarding the met office move
etc, how much notice does anyone need for another meeting ? also where
would be a good location ? the school seemed to work well ! one thing i
did notice was a lack of familiar faces tho :-( never mind.. perhaps
next time a few more people that i know will be able to attend (i know,
people have work to do)

Anyway, I'll stop my jabbering for now...

I'll do some looking in to venus if anyone is interested.

Neil