Re: [LUG] RedHat 9.0

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 12:40, Kai Hendry wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 12:13:26 -0000, John Horne wrote:
> > Interesting to say the least that they have gone from 8.0 to 9.0! My new
>
> Binary incompatibility with the new gcc. Hence the version jump.

What version of GCC have they moved to for 9.0? Because psyche uses GCC
3.2.

I have seen a message stating that they have implemented something
called NTPL in the kernel, which is one of the other reasons for the
version no. change, in addition to breaking binary compatibility.

The cynic in me suspects that the version no. change is also so they
catch up with Slackware and Mandrake.

--
James
jamesk[at]beeb[dot]net

Database administrators do it with their relations