[LUG] My whinge about the email list :-)

On 13.03.2003 08:07 Alex Stanley wrote:
Surely that's down to your mail client?

As far as a mailing list is concerned (which, remember, is its primary
function), I think it's set-up just right - there's nothing worse than
having a list where everyone replies to an individual rather than the
list...

Maybe, maybe not :-)

What happens, when you select reply to all?
My main complaint is that if I want to reply to you privately, I have to cut and paste your address.

It might be my mail client, but this is the only list that has this useful feature.
But, not to worry as I have just thought of a solution, utilizing procmail and a small perl script.

I know it's not that hard, but usually I select reply to all and remove the address's I don't want.
Of course the other reason is lazyiness. I find it easier to remember list@xxxxxxxxxxxx than the 4000 subscribed members, so I type dc, my email client fills in the rest :-)

 --
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\