[LUG] iptables Connection redirection

I've got a Debian box running squid and being used as a gateway.

I've trying to transparently redirect http traffic not using the
proxy and being NAT'd to go via the proxy so it hits the block lists.

I've tried:
# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.44.1.0/24 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

and

# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
10.44.1.107:3128

But that isn't working and I can't find it listed in my rules.

Anybody doing a similar thing and got it working? I'm getting fed up
looking at playboy.com to test this! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark.