[LUG] printing man pages

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:18:07AM +0000, jon davey wrote:
> Hi, I've just set up a printer in Mandrake 9.0 so that I could print out man
> pages. This scentence made me think, because why would you need to print man
> pages from an on-line scource, why not straght from the shell?. So I had a
> little investigate thinking that there would be a "print" option in the menu
> bar of the shell terminal but there was'nt one. It is possible to print these
> from there tho is'nt it?........

man man

to search:
/

search for "print"
       man -t alias | lpr -Pps

	   Format  the  manual  page  referenced by `alias', usually a
shell manual page, into the default troff or groff format and pipe it to
the printer named ps.  The default output for groff is usually
PostScript.  man --help should advise as to which processor is bound to
the -t option.

So something like:
man -t | lpr

Btw, I don't see how printing off man pages is going to be good reading.

I can print for free, and the only pieces of paper found on my desk is a
notepad with some pencil scribblings.

-Kai