Re: [LUG] debian power off

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:22:11 +0000, Neil Williams
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Tuesday 04 Mar 2003 10:58 am, Steve Marvell wrote:
>> Has anyone actually got their Debian machine to physically turn off
>> when they halt/poweroff it?
>
>I thought my problems with Debian were down to it being installed on the
>secondary hard drive - Mandrake, SuSE and Debian all fail to power-off from
>that disc, I have to tell Linux to reboot and manually power-off around the
>time the BIOS screen comes up.

my debian machine has

/dev/hde1	/boot
/dev/hde3	/
/dev/hda2	/tmp
/dev/hda3	/mp3

/dev/hdw2	swap
/dev/hda3	swap

>> Mine just sits there tell me to power off.
>>
>> Steve
>
>- --
>
>Neil Williams

I run stock 2.4.xx kernels from www.kernel.org

with apm compiled in, and apm enabled in the bios

this is an elite computer systems K7S5A motherboard
with a K7 processor and 512Mb of SDRAM.

hope this is of some use

dave morgan

--