Re: [LUG] Broadband for Totnes

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

i'd recommend an external ADSL router, though they are a wee bit more
expensive that USB ones.

The best from all imho (and the ones the customers seem to like) are the
draytek vigors, and the cisco 827a's, though the ciscos are raaather pricy ..

I've developed a nasty allergy to Cisco routers.... why learn a language just to configure a router when you can get a 3com one with a nice, easy web interface...?
We've got a Cisco ISDN router which I spent ages trying to configure (partially using the Windows only config software). It's fine once you know how to do it, but it all just seems a little OTT... At the very least, you'd expect configuring the basic settings to be easy.

David.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only being able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.