Re: [LUG] Re: ISPs, SMTP and Mail, and the future

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

> The biggest problem is goign to be the migration.  How that'll work is still
> beyond me, though many a night a lay down thinking about it - i'm sure
> somethign will pop up in my head anyday soon ;)

The two systems would have to run in parallel.

If the new system proves successful in real-life use, scales OK,
and achieves its aim to the point where spammers can no longer abuse the
system, then people will eventually close off SMTP and migration will
be complete.

I hate to say this, but the biggest and best ally we could have in
making this happen is in Redmond.  But I suspect they'd be on-side
for the principle of this, though the cost would be doing it on
their terms.

--
Nick Kew