Re: [LUG] Redirecting STDOUT to SMTP (solution)

Thanks to all those that provided input regarding my problem. ie. getting
the following to work on my system:

df - h | mail user@xxxxxxxxxxxx

It seems that "mail" requires "sendmail" which isn't setup on my system
because a) It's too hard for my little brain, b) I'm using Lotus Domino
SMTP MTA, c) I don't need it for anything else and d) Lotus/IBM tell me to
disable it when running Domino.

My solution was to get hold of a groovy little app called "pushmail"
(http://pushmail.sourceforge.net) which works like "mail" but doesn't need
"sendmail" and allows me to specify the SMTP server. So:

df - h | pushmail -d  domain.co.uk -s localhost -e root@xxxxxxxxxxxx
user@xxxxxxxxxxxx

when run on my server, sends the results of "df -h" to user from root via
the SMTP Server on localhost.

Sorted.